The syllabi, course outlines and class schedules used in Earl’s teaching at the University of Connecticut are posted below. Earl has served as Director of Jazz Studies at UCONN since August, 2000.
- UConn Jazz Lab Band – Spring 2020
- Combo – Spring 2020
- UConn Jazz Ensemble
- Tuesday Night Combo/Jam Session
- Combo – Spring 2018
Syllabi, lecture notes, handouts and thoughts relating to the process of composing and arranging orchestral jazz music are included here.
- Jazz Arranging 1: Writing Jazz Combo Arrangements – Course Outline & Schedule
- Jazz Arranging 2: Arranging for Big Band – Course Outline & Schedule
- Idea Generation
- Jazz Arranging Text Books
Jazz Music and Social Change
- UNIV 1784-013: Freshman Honors Seminar
Independent Study Credit
- Independent Study (Spring 2020)