In the intensive, fun environment of a week-long summer jazz camp, Earl works closely with aspiring jazz pianists and small student ensembles, sharing his insights into improvisational strategies, accompaniment, group interaction, jazz theory, and instrumental practice methods.
This summer, Earl will return to the Jazz-In-July summer music program at the University of Massachusetts in Amherst, where he works alongside Jeffrey Holmes, Felipe Salles, Bob Ferrier, Bruce Diehl, Sheila Jordan, Catherine Jensen-Hole, Genevieve Rose, Barry Ries, Winard Harper and Avery Sharpe.
- Jazz-in-July, UMass, Amherst, MA (2015-present)
- Kincardine Summer Music Festival, Kincardine, ON, Canada (2012-14)
- UCONN: Summer School of the Arts, Week of Jazz (2009-10)
- U.S. Performing Arts & Media Camp, Storrs, CT (2005-07)
- The University of Manitoba Jazz Camp, Winnipeg, MB, Canada 2000-02)
- International Peace Gardens Jazz Camp, Dunseith, ND (1993)