The following jazz piano lessons are designed for pianists with classical training who want to learn how to play jazz. Lesson topics include reading a piano chord chart, chord voicings, chord substitutions, etc.
- Triads and 7th Chords
- Chordal Extensions and Alterations
- Labeling Voiced Chords
- Left Hand Shells
- Rootless Left Hand Voicings
- Rootless Voicings, demonstrated
- Fourths Piano Voicings (Maj7, V7 and mi7)
- Fourths Voicings Applied To The Blues
Earl hopes that many aspiring pianists will benefit from the jazz piano lessons posted here. They are free for the taking, but if you find them beneficial, please consider buying one of Earl’s CDs, joining his mailing list and attending one of his performances.