Earl has served as Director of Jazz Studies at the University of Connecticut since August, 2000. His current course outlines and class schedules are posted below.
- UConn Jazz 10tet – Spring 2019
- Combo – Spring 2019
- UConn Jazz Ensemble
- Tuesday Night Combo/Jam Session
- Combo – Spring 2018
Lecture notes, handouts and thoughts relating to the process of composing and arranging orchestral jazz music are included here.
- Jazz Arranging 1: Writing Jazz Combo Arrangements – Course Outline & Schedule
- Jazz Arranging 2: Arranging for Big Band – Course Outline & Schedule
- Idea Generation
- Jazz Arranging Text Books
- Jazz Composition – Course Outline and Schedule
Jazz Music and Social Change
- UNIV 1784-013: Freshman Honors Seminar