Earl has served as Director of Jazz Studies at the University of Connecticut since August, 2000. His current course outlines and class schedules are posted below.
Jazz Music and Social Change
- UNIV 1784-013: Freshman Honors Seminar
- UConn Afro-Latin Jazz Orchestra (Fall 2017)
- UConn Jazz Ensemble
- Tuesday Night Combo/Jam Session
- Combo (Spring 2018)
Lecture notes, handouts and thoughts relating to the process of composing and arranging orchestral jazz music are included here.
- Jazz Arranging 1: Writing Jazz Combo Arrangements – Course Outline & Schedule
- Jazz Arranging 2: Arranging for Big Band – Course Outline & Schedule
- Idea Generation
- Jazz Arranging Text Books
- Jazz Composition – Course Outline and Schedule