Earl MacDonald is a composer, arranger, pianist and educator specializing in jazz. Originally from Canada, the former musical director for Maynard Ferguson is now based in Connecticut, halfway between Boston and NYC. Here you can find out about Earl’s new music, performances, teaching, and latest projects. Visit Earl’s blog, download MP3s, buy CDs, read reviews, or take a free online lesson. There's plenty to see, hear and learn on this site, so make yourself comfortable and stay a while.
Mirror of the Mind
*2014 Juno Award Nominee –
Best Contemporary Jazz Album
• Buy the disc • Press Release • Reviews •
• About the Music • the Musicians •
• What's C.O.W.? • Why Cello? •
• Music Videos • Production Credits •
• Thanks •
The Latest News
- Earl is gearing up for the Fall 2014 semester at UCONN. Music is ordered, concerts are planned and syllabi are written! The UCONN Jazz Ensemble will prepare music from Miles Davis' seminal "Birth of the Cool" recording. The weekly Thursday night student jam session at the Co-Op Bookstore will resume on September 4th, from 7 - 9 p.m.