Earl MacDonald is a composer, arranger, pianist and educator specializing in jazz. Originally from Canada, the former musical director for Maynard Ferguson is now based in Connecticut, halfway between Boston and NYC. Here you can find out about Earl’s new music, performances, teaching, and latest projects. Visit Earl’s blog, download MP3s, buy CDs, read reviews, or take a free online lesson. There's plenty to see, hear and learn on this site, so make yourself comfortable and stay a while.
Mirror of the Mind
*2014 Juno Award Nominee –
Best Contemporary Jazz Album
• Buy the disc • Press Release • Reviews •
• About the Music • the Musicians •
• What's C.O.W.? • Why Cello? •
• Music Videos • Production Credits •
• Thanks •
The Latest News
- Earl's Creative Opportunity Workshop band performs Nov. 22nd at the Katharine Hepburn Cultural Arts Center in Old Saybrook. Buy tickets here or call (860) 663-5593.
- The UCONN Jazz Ensemble, directed by Earl, performs a recreation of Miles Davis' "Birth of the Cool" on Oct. 13th, 2014 at the Co-Op Bookstore in Storrs Center. 7 p.m. No admission charge.
- Every Thursday night: student jam session at the UCONN Co-Op Bookstore, from 7 - 9 p.m.